Tuesday 22 March 2011

Subsidary task

Final design for digipak
Using a template I downloaded from Disc Wizards I created my final design for my digipak.
Each part of the digipak required photoshop.
The front cover (Middle Top)
I first of all decided on the photographs I would use for my front cover out of a list of option I previously posted. I also used my music video to capture images for my digipak by pausing the video and creating a still frame because the audience expects some of these images to be related to the music videos.
Before creating this collage of photos I had to adjust exposure and lightness and contrast as the photographs framed from the video were too dark.
The photograph with the teapot on the front cover I changed the texture of it.
All of these different photographs had to be roughly lasso tooled as I wanted to create a collage effect like the Kate Nash cd cover but hers had graphics.
I used NME logo as the digipak is free in a magazine and my audience research made it clear that the people that listen to Laura Marling and Kate Nash would read NME magazine. Plus the magazine aims at the genre of indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment